In this episode, we make time to watch two Twilight Zone episodes that deal with both “time” and nukes: “Time Enough at Last” and “No Time Like the Present.” How would the development of thermonuclear weapons impact your reading habit? If you had a time machine, how would you prevent the WWII atomic bombings? Does every household need a 2-in-1 bank vault/fallout shelter to protect their loved ones and valuables? Tim Westmyer (@NuclearPodcast), Gabe, and returning guest Elliot answer these questions and more.
Before we update our reading list for the apocalypse, we recommend:
- Twilight Zone episode “Walking Distance”
- Last Man on Earth (TV show, comedy)
- Black Mirror episode “San Junipero”
- Arctic, 2018 movie
- 12 Monkeys, 1995 movie
- H.G. Wells, The Time Machine, 1895 book
- Dan Carlin, “Supernova in the East,” Hardcore History Podcast
- Dan Carlin, “(Blitz) The Destroyer of Worlds,” Hardcore History Podcast
- Star Trek episode “The City on the Edge of Forever”
- Star Trek episode “Patterns of Force”
More background reading and materials on our Resources page.
One thought on “Episode #44: Twilight Zone – “Time Enough at Last” & “No Time Like the Past””
“Serling”. No “t”.